- The ideal application temp range is 70°F to 100°F
- Application to surfaces below 50°F (10°C) can cause pressure-sensitive adhesives to become too firm to adhere readily
- Wet paint can cause decal bubbling due to out-gassing. Out-gassing is a separate issue stemming from molded plastics.
- Solvents left in uncured paints can negatively affect the adhesive bond.
- Proper installation tools include:
- Decal application fluid (Rapid-Tac® or soap and water solution) but be aware Soap residue can reduce adhesion
- Plastic application squeegee
- Dry cloth
Following a few simple rules can help ensure that your decals are applied properly – saving time, limiting waste and increasing the longevity of the decal.
Back to Articles