Did you know…?
• Proper installation tools include:
– Decal application fluid (Rapid Tac®)
– Plastic application squeegee
– Dry cloth (lint free is recommended)
• The ideal application temp range is 70°F to 100°F
• Application to surfaces below 50°F (10°C) can cause pressure-sensitive adhesives
to become too firm to adhere readily
• Wet paint on uncured molded plastics can cause decal bubbling due to out-gassing
• Prior to application the surface needs to be cleaned of any weld spatter, dirt, oils,
greases, or other contaminants using a 50:50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water
(or Rapid Tac®)
• Soap residue can reduce adhesion
Following a few simple rules can help ensure that your decals are applied properly saving time, limiting waste and preventing unnecessary costs.
Ask us about our full array of Total Program Management Services, to learn more about our installation recommendations and training sessions for speeding the application process and minimizing misapplication, as well as other reasons why you can Expect More from MUIR Omni Graphics.