Speed the Process with Pre-masking
Most waste occurs at the application station. Pre-masking not only speeds application, it also decreases scrap.
Pre-masking (aka “using application tape”) can help you minimize waste while speeding application. And it’s just one of many decal production techniques that can save you money and time – as well as ensure properly placed decals.
To Apply the Pre-masked Lettering:
- Position the decal on the outside of a clean window or smooth surface.
- Remove the backing sheet to expose the adhesive side of the letters, leaving letters on the transfer tape (pre-mask).
- Carefully place the transfer tape and letters onto the surface.
- Rub firmly to adhere the letters to the surface.
- Slowly remove the transfer tape.
Before you have your next decals produced, let us visit your application station and suggest efficiencies. This is one of Muir’s value-add (read: free) services and another example of why you can Expect More from Muir Omni Graphics.